- Commercial Litigation and Business Divorce
- Real Estate and Title Litigation
- Judgment Enforcement
- Corporate Practice
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, Bachelor of Arts (History, Political Science), 2002.
- New York Law School, Juris Doctor, 2006.
Lee E. Riger joined Rosenberg Fortuna & Laitman, LLP, as a Partner, in November 2020. Previously he was associated with Balfe & Holland, P.C., where he managed that firm's litigation and appellate practice.
Lee's practices include a wide variety of commercial and real estate litigation. He appears regularly in the State and Federal Courts. He has also had considerable success handling appeals. Lee has represented large financial institutions, regional banks, insurance companies, hospitals, contractors, a diverse assortment of large and small businesses, as well as individuals. Lee also serves as corporate counsel to several clients assisting in the review and negotiation of contracts and leases and providing advice on a variety of issues as they arise in the course of his clients' business.
Lee is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and New York Law School. During law school Lee held internships with the Criminal Prosecutions Bureau of the Office of the New York State Attorney General and the Hon. Budd G. Goodman, Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of New York in Manhattan. Upon graduation, Lee had the privilege of serving as law clerk to the Hon. Garry S. Rothstadt, a Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, currently sitting in the Appellate Division. Following his clerkship, Lee worked in Manhattan for several years with the firms of Martin, Clearwater & Bell, P.C., Himmel & Bernstein, P.C. and Maloof Lebowitz Connahan & Oleske, P.C. Lee has served as a small claims arbitrator in New York City Civil Court and has volunteered to provide assistance in the Nassau County Bar Association Mortgage Foreclosure Clinic and in the New York City Civil Court Consumer Debt Clinic. He has also served as a judge for the New York State High School Mock Trial Competition.
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey