New York Real Estate Lawyer
Sophisticated Transactional and Litigation Guidance
Real estate transactions are inherently complex endeavors that can encounter
numerous obstacles. When attempting to negotiate and close both residential
and commercial real estate deals, you need legal representation with financing
acumen, excellent negotiation skills, and an extensive knowledge of local,
state, and federal laws.
Our New York real estate lawyers at Rosenberg Fortuna & Laitman, LLP
represent clients in both commercial and residential real estate matters.
From structuring complex deals among multiple parties with differing interests
to residential real estate closings, our
firm’s attorneys have the familiarity and credentials to deliver favorable results to our clients.
Learn more about how we can help you with your real estate transaction by calling
(516) 200-3935 or
contacting us online today!
Our Real Estate Service Areas
Our team represents developers, investors, and businesses in the acquisition,
development, financing, sale, and leasing of real estate. We frequently assist
emerging companies in negotiating and closing early commercial real estate deals that will
prove essential to the operations of their business. We also work with
existing companies of all sizes and complexities to manage multifaceted
real estate transactions.
Our team has extensive knowledge of condominium and cooperative ownership
as well as zoning and the regulation of land use. We frequently assist
in planning the structure and negotiating of intricate real estate transactions
as well as handling related legal analysis and documentation.
We represent builders and developers throughout New York and Long Island
in matters involving the new construction of:
- Apartment complexes
- Shopping malls
- Strip malls
- Tax-deferred like-kind exchanges under the Internal Revenue Code, Section 1031
Our firm takes a cost-effective and focused approach to every matter we
handle. We have a complete knowledge of the New York state real estate
regulatory landscape and assist your venture in overcoming whatever obstacles
that you face.
Our Track Record
Our experience in real estate speaks for itself. We have a track record of successfully supporting buyers and sellers
of commercial and residential property and have handled multimillion-dollar
deals combining a litany of elements.
Our New York real estate attorneys have handled a number of prominent real
estate transactions, including:
- Representing the sellers of 3 private and semiprivate golf clubs located
in Suffolk County. The sales included related catering facilities appurtenant
to each golf club
- Assisted in the proposed acquisition of a 50% interest in one of the largest
undeveloped tracts of real estate in Nassau County
- Representing the buyer in the acquisition and financing of a 170,000 square
ft industrial and office building in Nassau County
- Representing the sellers of twin office buildings in Great Neck, New York
- Representing participants in a complex, structured deal that combined stock
and real property transactions of a tennis academy in Westbury, New York
- Assisting in a government-sponsored financing arrangement that obtained
tax incentives and benefits through IDA, SBA, and similar government-sponsored
- Representing the landlord in a lease transaction of office and retail space
totaling over 100,000 square ft
- Representing the buyer in the purchase and financing of a 43,000 square
ft warehouse in Commack, New York
- Representing the seller of a college facility on Long Island in preparing
a transaction valued at over $40 million that combined stock and land
sales with 2 long-term leases
- Representing a public library district in the transfer of a surplus school
district-owned property in a process requiring public referenda
In addition to our commercial services, our lawyers can provide support
to individuals and families in residential real estate deals. We can assist in each stage of the deal-closing process and ensure that
all appropriate steps are followed. Our team is committed to protecting
your best interests and will help you avoid common mistakes.