New York Corporate Legal Services
Your Partner in Corporate Law
Corporate entities are subject to a myriad of regulatory and disclosure requirements. Publicly traded corporations must also abide by strict laws governing the sale and management of security offerings. Businesses of this scale and complexity will need professional legal guidance to ably navigate transactions, conflicts, and other challenges unique to this area of the law.
Our New York corporate legal services at Rosenberg Fortuna & Laitman, LLP assist clients in a wide array of corporate and commercial matters. Our firm provides strategic advice, general corporate counseling, and regulatory assistance for businesses in all stages of development.
Our Corporate Service Areas
Our team provides comprehensive legal services to a client base that includes both publicly and privately held corporations. We also assist startups and emerging companies as well as mid-sized and larger established businesses. Our firm represents both buyers and sellers in complex, multi-million-dollar asset and stock transactions. We also regularly assist in the assessment, negotiation, and closing of business transactions for publicly traded and privately owned businesses.
Our New York corporate legal services can assist your business with:
- Establishing, structuring, and organizing a business entity. If you are seeking to create a corporate entity, our firm can assist you with each stage of the entity selection and formation process. We can help you understand the tax, liability, and organizational implications of each entity type and file the appropriate documents with the state.
- Preparing operating, shareholder, and partnership agreements. Every corporate entity needs bylaws and contractual language that defines the leadership structure of the firm and each partner’s obligations to the organization. These agreements should also define how decisions will be made and how disputes will be settled. We can assist in the drafting, review, finalization, and execution of these contractual elements.
- Preparing licensing, confidentiality, and outsourcing agreements. Many corporations will need to leverage restrictive covenant agreements to prevent their intellectual property and trade secrets. We can assist in the drafting and execution of these agreements and can also help establish licensing and outsourcing contracts that will be necessary to launch your business’s operations.
- Providing counsel on matters of corporate governance and employee practices. Both publicly and privately traded corporations must keep exhaustive records and make frequent disclosures to regulatory authorities. Our firm can work directly with your board of directors and serve as a partner to ensure all corporate decisions are made in compliance with the relevant laws. We can also advise you on various matters involving employment and labor law, including compliance issues involving reductions in workforce and workplace discrimination prevention.
- Sourcing and securing financing and securities offerings. Our firm maintains a large network of venture capital and private equity investors and can leverage our connections to benefit your business. We can also work with your company to ensure that all securities offerings and transactions are appropriately disclosed and meet federal requirements.
- Providing real estate services in connection with construction and commercial real estate transactions. Many corporate activities and transactions involve the sale, purchase, and development of real estate holdings. Our corporate law practice works closely with our real estate attorneys to provide sophisticated legal guidance when navigating commercial and residential real estate transactions.
- Structuring agreements for the purchase, acquisition, sale, financing, and/or redemption of asset-based and equity transactions. Our team can perform due diligence on all types of corporate transactions and financing arrangements. We have experience closing deals valued in the tens of millions of dollars that involve combinations of cash, stock, and real property.
Our firm has successfully managed a variety of high-profile corporate transactions. We have also provided ongoing representation to numerous corporate clients of various sizes and across several industries.
Our firm’s successful corporate law case studies include:
- Providing a leading and expanding online advertising network that specializes in audience targeting and optimization solutions with a full suite of legal services, including corporate governance, contracting, and employment and leasing advice
- Managing the sale of a national franchise business in the restaurant industry
- Managing the sale of a distributorship business involved in the sale of pet foods and related products to a publicly traded company
- Managing the sale of 3 privately owned golf clubs with related catering facilities
- Managing the acquisition of a national franchise business in the frozen yogurt industry
- Managing the acquisition of a chemical solutions formulation and distribution company
- Managing the acquisition of a controlling interest in a Long Island minor league sports franchise
- Representing a team of restaurant owners in the negotiation of a substantial New York City lease and a subsequent retention of high-profile entertainers hired to endorse and promote the business
- Facilitating the formation and capitalization of a partnership created to acquire a high-profile club, lounge, and restaurant hybrid in New York City
- Managing the sale of a pharmacy to a publicly traded company
- Representing a business owner in the outsourcing of content-provided services for wireless text messaging on cellular phones
- Advising numerous New York employers on best practices for employment dispute issues, written policies, employee handbooks, employee documentation, employment contracts, confidentiality agreements, and other restrictive covenant agreements
Our corporate practice team works closely with our commercial litigators to help clients anticipate and avoid issues that can result in litigation. When a conflict does require litigation, our accomplished team can leverage our extensive trial experience to deliver favorable results as efficiently as possible. We are also well-versed in all matters of alternate dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Our firm strives to minimize distractions and limit the monetary expenses of litigation for its clients.
Our New York corporate legal services at Rosenberg, Fortuna & Laitman, LLP can help your business prevail in numerous types of conflicts. When litigation is unavoidable, our lawyers exhaust every possible resource and strategy to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.