Employment Practice Group
Rosenberg Fortuna & Laitman, LLP's Employment Law Practice Group is staffed by seasoned employment law practitioners who handle virtually all matters involving the employer-employee relationship. We routinely work with senior management and human resource professionals to devise beginning-to-end solutions to protect our clients and keep them in compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
In our counseling practice, we regularly advise employers on best practices concerning management of disability accommodations and leave related issues, reductions in force together with applicable WARN Act implications, restrictive covenants, hiring and separations from employment, and performance management. We also provide skilled guidance to our clients regarding issues of sexual harassment, benefits, overtime, workplace discrimination, wage and hour compliance and other critical issues.
Areas of concentration include wage and hour investigations and litigation, employment discrimination and workplace harassment prevention, policy development and litigation, and independent contractor analysis. RFL's employment law attorneys have defended against claims in various agencies and state and federal courts such as sexual harassment, age, race, national origin and disability discrimination for various clients, both large and small.
Additionally, our attorneys have implemented in-house management training for employers on a range of employment law related topics, including workplace harassment prevention, FMLA and ADA compliance, and wage and hour best practices as well as recent case law in the practice area.
- Represented a publisher client that undertook a major reorganization effecting employees throughout the United States. The reorganization involved various reductions in workforce. We provided advice and prepared documentation relating to the reorganization, including guiding our client on federal and state WARN Act issues, reduction in force issues, severance payments, benefits continuation, releases of claims and compliance with wage and hours laws. We worked closely with the client's legal, human resources and payroll departments to ensure the orderly handling of the reorganization.
- Represented numerous growing technology companies and other companies on all aspects of employment issues from restrictive covenants, compensation, stock options and equity awards to termination, separation and severance.
- Represented numerous companies against various discrimination claims before both administrative agencies and the state and federal courts.
- Represented companies in connection with Fair Labor Standards Act claims and New York State Labor Law class actions.
- Represented numerous executives in connection with both their on-boarding and separation from companies, both private and publically traded.