The work of the Corporate Practice Group at Rosenberg Fortuna & Laitman, LLP encompasses a full range of corporate and commercial matters, providing strategic advice, general corporate counseling and regulatory assistance for businesses in all stages of development. Members of the Corporate Practice Group provide comprehensive legal services to a client base that includes publicly and privately held corporations as well as start-up, mid-sized and larger, established businesses. The firm represents both buyers and sellers in complex, multi-million dollar asset and stock transactions, and regularly assists in the assessment, negotiation and closing of business transactions for publicly traded and privately owned businesses.
The Corporate Practice Group helps its clients secure financing, issue stock and merge and acquire businesses. The Group's attorneys regularly:
- Advise on structuring, establishing and organizing a business.
- Advise and participate in the raising of capital and corporate borrowings.
- Prepare licensing, confidentiality and outsourcing agreements.
- Prepare operating, shareholder and partnership agreements, including those of professional practices.
- Provide counsel on corporate governance matters and employee practices matters.
- Provide an array of services in connection with construction transactions.
- Structure agreements for the purchase, acquisition or sale, financing and redemption of asset-based and equity transactions.
The firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group works closely with attorneys in the Corporate Practice Group to avoid litigation and anticipate issues that may lead to litigation. When matters require litigation and trial expertise, dispute resolution (including negotiation, mediation and arbitration) is integrated to solve business disputes. The firm strives to hold down the distractions and monetary expense of litigation for its clients.
When litigation is unavoidable, the firm's attorneys are tenacious, utilizing their substantial resources and experience in reaching the best outcome for their clients.
Representative matters recently handled by the firm's Corporate Practice Group include:
- Legal services, including corporate governance, contracting, employment and leasing issues, for the continuing expansion of a leading online advertising network specializing in audience targeting and optimization solutions.
- Sale of national franchise business in the restaurant industry.
- Sale of distributorship business involved in the sale of pet foods and related products to publicly traded company.
- Sale of three privately owned golf clubs with related catering facilities.
- Acquisition of national franchise business in the frozen yogurt industry.
- Acquisition of a chemical solutions formulation and distribution company.
- Acquisition of a controlling interest in a Long Island minor league sports franchise.
- Represented restaurant owners in the negotiation of a substantial New York City lease and their subsequent retention of high profile entertainers retained to endorse and promote the restaurant.
- Formation and capitalization of a partnership acquiring a high profile club/lounge/restaurant in New York City.
- Sale of pharmacy to publicly traded company.
- Represented the owner in outsourcing content-provided services for wireless text messaging utilizing cellular phones.
- Advised employers on employment practices, written policies, employee handbooks and documentation, employment contracts, confidentiality agreements, and restrictive covenants.